UFC. St Louis has lost yet another fight. Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 124 has taken another hit — this time, just a day out from the card.
Ranked middleweight Uriah Hall did not weigh in at the official Saturday morning weigh-ins, so his co-main event bout opposite former UFC champ Vitor Belfort has subsequently been scrapped by the organization. Play-by-play man Brendan Fitzgerald confirmed the cancellation at the close of the two-hour window fighters are given to weigh in (H/T MMAjunkie.com).
MMAjunkie.com’s John Morgan reported that Hall was only one pound off the 186-pound middleweight limit when “complications forced his removal for medical reasons.” Nothing more is known at this time regarding why Hall failed to weigh in.
I’m told Hall was only one pound off, with everything looking good, before complications forced his removal for medical reasons. #UFCSTL— John Morgan (@MMAjunkieJohn) January 13, 2018
At this time, is is unclear whether the UFC plans to re-book Hall vs. Belfort.
Belfort said leading up to the card that he planned to retire after the Hall fight. He has not yet announced his immediate future plans.
A new bout order for the card has not yet been finalized and made public. However, the event will go on with 11 fights.
On Friday evening, the UFC announced that Zak Cummings had been forced out of his preliminary bout against veteran welterweight Thiago Alves on the same card due to injury. Cummings said he injured his head in a bathtub slip.
UFC Fight Night 124 takes place at Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri on Jan. 14. In the main event, featherweight contender Jeremy Stephens meets rising star Doo Ho Choi.